By 2021 Joanna Hilditch
Herefordshire Networking Event
Tuesday 21st September 2021 (10:00 – 12:30)
Celebrating local community spirit – An event to build on and develop collaboration and mutual support between the Herefordshire business community and the local charitable sector.
Covid-19 has had a huge impact on all local communities across Herefordshire, especially the most vulnerable and isolated, this event is looking to continuing the goodwill that has been generated. There are in the region of 1000 local community organisations or charities, and it is estimated that around one in three Herefordshire residents have undertaken some form of unpaid voluntary work on a regular basis.
Leaders many of our 3000 Herefordshire businesses have played vital roles in helping communities during the pandemic. Many have supported employee volunteering programmes, others have donated resources and/or provided vital in-kind support to the emergency response.
At the end of a month in which we celebrate National Volunteers Week, as High Sheriff of Herefordshire 2021-22 I want to examine how we as businesses can work with charities and vice versa.
- • How can we build on this renewed community spirit?
- • How have you considered your Corporate Social Responsibility?
- • How can local businesses establish and develop further links with local communities?
- • What are the benefits to business of working closely with the community?
- • Who are the active community organisations, who do they benefit and how do we make contact with them for the benefit of ourselves and others?
- • How to make your company a ‘Charity Angel’
Please support me in this initiative, you won’t regret it! I am hosting the seminar at home in Lyonshall, Herefordshire in a large airy marquee and hoping for a good representation from both the business and charity sectors.
The event is being held in partnership with hvoss (Herefordshire Voluntary Organisations Support Service), an independent charity providing a range of support to community and voluntary organisations across the county. The event is supported by Herefordshire Council and the Talk Community programme and by Avara our business partner.
PROGRAMME DETAILS AND JOINING INSTRUCTIONS TO FOLLOW ON REGISTRATION but will include:
- - talks from local business leaders about their community outreach;
- - talks from charities who have experienced business links;
- - a brilliant live performance;
- - elevator pitches from some of the participating charities;
- - a chance to view charity stands and meet local volunteers
- - a networking lunch
- - a post-covid celebration of our new found freedom!
Places are limited so please register as soon as possible.